all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sriracha Beef Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Cauliflower




I made this last night and it’s a winner!  Stir fry is always a good option for a quick filling meal and we really liked the combination of the vegetables, beef and sauce in this dish. 

Sriracha Chili Sauce is a little tangier, sweeter and thicker than most hot sauces so adjust the amount to cut down the “heat.”  Freeze the beef for several minutes if it is hard to slice.  Be sure not to overcook the vegetables since they will be simmering in the sauce later with the beef.  Substitute chicken for the beef, that’s good also; add red bell peppers for color and a little more flavor.

This is satisfying and mighty tasty:   much better than take-out and you know exactly what is in it!


Sriracha Beef Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Cauliflower

Ingredients:

2 cups rice
1 pound boneless top sirloin steak or flank steak, cut into thin slices
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
2 tablespoons oil, divided
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
3 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups broccoli florets
1/3 cup onions, chopped
¼ cup water
Salt and pepper, to taste

Method:

Cook rice according to package directions.
While rice cooks, combine beef with 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and sugar. 
Stir together remaining vinegar and soy sauce with beef broth, cornstarch and Sriracha sauce.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add beef mixture; sauté 3 minutes or until browned.
Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
Add remaining oil to skillet.
Add ginger and garlic to pan, cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add cauliflower, broccoli, onions and water; cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add beef mixture and broth mixture.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until beef is heated well and sauce is thickened.
Add salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve beef mixture over rice.
4 servings

Have a great dinner tonight (maybe this?)!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway! 





Pin It

22 comments:

  1. A stir fry is my go to dish when I have fresh vegetables that need to be used up. I like your tip about putting the beef in the freezer. It really does make it easier to cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'm always on the look out for stir fry recipes especially in the summer.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I never thought about using Sriracha Chili Sauce in my stir fry. I like the heat and it does have a flavor that would differentiate this recipe from standard stir fry. No bell peppers though...just don't like them at all. Thanks for the recipe. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know my kids will love this dish! I may have to hold back a little on the hot sauce but there are so many wonderful flavors going on that I know I won't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking stir fry, we love sriracha so always glad to find a new recipe that uses it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! My mouth is watering! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks mouthwatering Pam! We love sriracha, and what a great way to use it. I like adding it to dipping sauces too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this combination Pam. All these ingredients would be a hit at my place; perfect meal; thank you.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kind of stir fry sounds and looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds & looks great!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love stir fry and this looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delicious stir up! I love this kind of meal a lot. thanks for sharing. Hope you're having a lovely day.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must fire up my wok and make a stir-fry. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This stir fry looks so delicious and I love that spicy sauce! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had me at Sriracha!! This is my kinda meal, wish I had everything to make it now. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love me a good stirfry! Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved! Very good. Kisses, Marta

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like a good one. I should teach my son how to do stir-fry since he is hungry all the time. This would be a fast way for him to get fed and full!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You had me at Sriracha!!! This stir fry has my name written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll eat just about anything with sriracha in it, so slide me a bowl:)

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam