all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tilapia with Tomatoes and Sour Cream



Tilapia is a pleasant mild white fish that wins most folks over easily.  It is the world’s number two farmed fish; trailing carp, which means it is reasonably priced and readily available. 

I love sauces, especially when they involve sour cream.  Add Rotel tomatoes and sour cream to the tilapia along with a good dose of garlic for a fish packed with lots of tasty flavors.  

This dish makes a re-visit here often.  I hope you like it also!


Tilapia with Tomatoes and Sour Cream

Ingredients:

3 tilapia filets
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons sour cream

Method:

Place tilapia in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
Pour over tilapia.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until sauce is thick and creamy.


DELICIOUS!!!




Visit my friend Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway! 



For a chance to win my friend Bo’s great Le Crueset giveaway, visit Bo’s Bowl!




Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Delicious and quick! Two important reasons for me to make a dish. That macaroni on the side looks pretty tasty as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on a tomato kick so this is really appealing. I love that you used sour cream with the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely mouth watering~! yum~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really dumb question, but are Rotel tomatoes a brand name? I don't see them in my markets and can't help wonder why it matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to try this one... have you tried it with fresh tomatoes from the garden?

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy, this sounds so cuper good. It looks quite tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made tilapia for the 1st time last week-it was really good:) I'm gonna have to try your recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sauce sounds like it'd be rich and creamy - just the thing for the mild tasting tilapia. No wonder this finds its way to your dining room often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love finding new ways to cook fish and this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful way to make tilapia, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really hungry and this looks really amazing. You have done it again, Pam. Thanks.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam, I like this one! Simple and tasty fish for dinner. Copy & print for our recipe file... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely something that I would love. We eat so much tilapia around here... and sauces... well, I think you know my love for sauces :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my kind of recipe!
    Quick and easy and full of flavor. My foreign exchange students will love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the modern world, people are looking for fast foods because they simply have no time to make healthy meals. However, when you think about it, it is possible to do fast healthy cooking but only with the right tips. You need to know how to go about making healthy foods as fast as you can. learn more: learn more:


    Healthy cooking tips

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you believe I've never tried tilapia? Not a fish fan here but people have been telling me that tilapia isn't "fishy". I totally need to try it!

    The LaBamba Casserole rocked and we all loved it! Those sloppy joes will be on the menu soon too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an awesome blog! I can`t wait to see your future posts! :)

    have a great time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quick and delicious! I wanna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great looking simple main course! Sounds very inviting. Perfect for a quickie weekend meal.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  20. look absolutely nice Pam, love it! gloria

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam