all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tangy Baked Pork Chops

I am a big fan of coating pork with a mustard preparation.  It not only amplifies the meats flavor, it also seals in the juices to make a tender cut of meat.  I even converted Bill ~ he’s a huge fan of pork but not of mustard like I am.  Thankfully, our tastes change sometimes and now he really enjoys meat spread with Dijon mustard or grainy mustard.

These pork chops are really tangy with the mustard and lemon juice in the dish.  They are a perfect combo; turning into a flavorful sauce for the pork chops.  I hope you give this a try!




Now, I’d like to take a moment to thank Moogie and Pap for the great book I won in the contest on their blog.  It’s Growing at the Speed of Life by Graham Kerr.  This book starts from the ground with information for gardening through to harvesting and cooking methods for appealing dishes.  It has engaging writing by the “Galloping Gourmet” that is very informative.  Thanks so much Moogie and Pap! 


Tangy Baked Pork Chops 

Ingredients:

2 pork chops, ¾” thick
¼ cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Method:

Coat baking pan with cooking spray.
Trim chops of fat.
Place bread crumbs on a plate and combine with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a bowl, stir together mustard and juice.
Coat chops with mustard mixture.
Dredge in bread crumb mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Turn chops over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until done.
Serve



ENJOY!!!





Visit my friend Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway! 



Pin It

35 comments:

  1. It's funny--my husband doesn't like mustard, but whenever I use Dijon in the recipe, he'll eat it without complaint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a great idea! I like mustard a lot. I like pork chops a lot. So ... there you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually we use soy sauce and Chinese five spices powder to marinate pork chop, your method sound good too.I must one day , thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love pork cooked well. And this looks wonderful, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daugther love mustard Pam, and this sound delicious! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try your recipe the next time I prepare pork. Tangy pork chops sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like something we'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, Thanks for the shout-out. I'm happy that you like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love a mustard coating and pork is one of our favorite meats. I am going to have to give your recipe a try!

    I have a Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders recipe on my blog.

    Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders

    Have a great day, Pam!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on winning! Your pork chops look fantastic, I have to try it this way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that mustard and lemon combo sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam, this recipe looks like a winner! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds delicious! I'm stooping in while I'm at work so unfortunatley I can't access the videos.
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, Terrific looking chop! Another recipe for my wife's many files and volumes... Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great recipe Pam, I do chicken breast like this too. Everything always turns out moist and juicy.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do something similar with sliced pork tenderloin - and we're much the same - the hubs is slowly becoming a convert...

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM!! That looks so good--added to my list of "to try" recipes. Thanks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Una receta estupenda, me encanta.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  19. the coating sounds delicious on the pork chops.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that you baked these. I hate frying meat. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. mmm, this is so yummy. i've done this with chicken, but not pork, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh boy, the pork chop sounds delicious. But I'll make it with chicken since no pig in the house. ha... Thanks for sharing. Hope you're having a fabulous day.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the flavor combination of pork and mustard...and of course there is nothing like the wonderful crunch of a panko crust!!
    (congrats on winning the book!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great combination, they sound very yummy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. MMMMM i , too, love mustard on pork. I just took out a small pork roast and wasn't sure what to do with it, maybe just baste with mustard and cook on the rotisserie.. ( my new fave toy)
    I will have to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this! Just came across your wonderful blog and am a new follower!!!
    - Jessica
    http://cajunlicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That extra tang that mustard adds to meat is wonderful. These must be delicious, Pam! Yum!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pork and mustard were totally made for each other. What a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love dijon mustard...this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like to coat pork in mustard too... makes it so tangy. I found a bottle of really good coarse ground mustard at the Dollar Store the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ive been wanting pork chops for a while now! delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy anniversary! I've never coated pork with mustard before cooking... looking forward to trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mustard and pork are a pair made in culinary heaven.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam