all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, April 8, 2011

Shrimp and Ham over Angel Hair Pasta



This delicious dish takes a short amount of time to throw together and if you like pasta, shrimp and ham, this just may be the recipe for you. 

“Angel hair” is the Americanized name for the Italian word cappellini, literally meaning “thin hair.”  The pasta is very fine and excellent with delicate sauces.  The sauce in this recipe is light with just the right ingredients to complement the pasta.  The ham renders a wonderful smoky flavor to the dish with the Rotel tomatoes adding a touch of heat to the shrimp and ham. 

This is a savory dish that makes meal time a snap and your family and friends will love it!

Shrimp and Ham over Angel Hair Pasta

Ingredients:

1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 pound steak ham, diced into small pieces
1 (10-ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup water
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 pound angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions


Method:

In a large skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil and garlic and onions, cook for 2 minutes.
Add ham and sauté for 3 minutes. 
Remove to a bowl and set aside.
In skillet, add tomatoes and onions. 
Cook slowly for 10 minutes.
Add cornstarch and water; combine well and cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile cook pasta.
Add ham and shrimp to skillet mixture.
Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for about 5-7 minutes until shrimp is cooked.
Serve over hot pasta.

4 servings


YUM!!!


Visit my friend Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway! 


Today is the last day to enter my friend Bo’s great Le Crueset giveaway, so go visit him at Bo’s Bowl!




Pin It

21 comments:

  1. I just posted a shrimp dish today. They are my "go to" many times and this recipe sounds like a delicious addition to my shrimp file.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shrimp dish looks delicious~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super good and filling, love the ingredient list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a nice quick pasta dinner. I don't like shrimp or hamso...if you add pineapple (I like it but just not cooked)to it it would be a triple whamy for me...:D Of course I could add scallops and chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really good Pam - never thought of ham and shrimp together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never cooked shrimp . . . I think it is time to start.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have all of those ingredients in my kitchen. I know what I will be cooking this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sure sounds tasty and EASY ~ right up my alley.
    Have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks easy and delicious, doesn't get any better than that! So many great flavors in this dish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely mouthwatering...I love the shrimp and ham combo :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely pasta! i could go for a big plate of this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam! What a great dish. I've never thought of pairing shrimp and ham together, but I love both of those flavors. Thank you so much for sharing your words and creativity with me tonight. During good times and bad, your blog always offers me a dose of joy. I hope you have a blessed and happy Sunday, my friend. Hugs from Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a kind of quickie meal I love every much. Very flavourful combination. Delicious! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend with your little grandson.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam honey if I had the stuff to make this today hurting or not I would try it. hahah
    Dang this looks and sounds good.
    Would you be a Blogazine guest on my site sometime and tell all my friends about you. They would love to meet you as I have.
    If interested just email me grandmayellowhair@gmail.com
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love shrimps and make a similar dish quite often! this one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This unusual dish sounds delightful. I've never combined those ingredients but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG..how wonderful does this dish sound? I could eat most of it all by myself !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg, this dish looks divinely delicious! Great combination of flavors and love the heat in it,too! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delicious pasta dish! Simple yet utterly satisfying!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam