all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, April 22, 2011

Peach-Pecan Muffins




Baking doesn’t get much easier than homemade muffins.   They’re easy to whip up and fill the house with a great fragrant aroma while they are baking. 



I don’t recall ever having a muffin filled with peaches so I had to try this recipe when I saw it in a recent Southern Living magazine.  The recipe makes a thick batter and the muffins rise well as they bake.   The spicy cinnamon complements the flavor of the peaches while the crunchy streusel topping is not overly sweet. 



These muffins are perfect with leisurely sips of coffee or tea! 





Peach-Pecan Muffins



Pecan Streusel:

½ cup chopped pecans

1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar

¼ cup flour

2 tablespoons melted butter

1 teaspoon cinnamon



Muffins:

1½ cups flour

½ cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

¼ teaspoon salt

½ cup butter, melted

¼ cup milk

1 large egg

1 cup frozen sliced peaches, thawed and diced



Method:



Prepare streusel: 

Stir together pecans and next 4 ingredients until crumbly.



Prepare muffins: 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.

Stir together butter, milk and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

Gently stir in peaches.

Place paper baking cups in (12-cup) muffin pan.

Spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.

Sprinkle with Pecan Streusel.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes; or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes, remove from pan.

Serve warm or at room temperature.





Delicious!







Visit my friend Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway! 







Pin It

25 comments:

  1. I love this topping these are perfect for breakfast especially with all the company we have living in Florida thanks so much~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get some peaches, these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I love peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These muffins looks really good! Peaches sounds great, though I usually use the canned ones, as fresh peaches are way too expensive over here! Happy Easter, Pam, and Bill too! Have a lovely Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. flavourful combination muffins look deliciou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love anything with a topping like this, delish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These muffins look scrumptious and I just love the peach-pecan combo. Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How special...to have your own little crumb cake! Yummy! These are a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loooove muffins-especially ones with streusel topping!!
    Congrats on your 44th wedding anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They sound amazing and love the ones with the topping. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous muffins, i'm looking forward to getting some beautiful peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que ricos muffins te han quedado, tienen que estar deliciosos.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  13. The muffins are great!

    Happy Easter Pam, and even if late, congrats. on your wedding anniversary!

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Easter Day to you & your family, Pam! Soon, you'll have to prepare some easter eggs for your grandson. Enjoy & have lots of fun. Those muffins look marvelous & perfect for this festive season.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pam,
    Quick question (sorry my computer won't let me access your e.mail.) I want to share your lemon cookie recipe and a story of when I made it. Of course, I will link to your blog. Would this be ok with you? Thanks. dvs3girls(at)aol(dot)com.

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delicious combination! They sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This one is a keeper! My son would love these muffins. He loves to have muffins for breakfast. I am going to print the recipe and make them for him the next time he is home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Homemade muffins are the best! These look so yummy. :)
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pegasuslegend, great! Hope you try them.

    BigAppleNosh, thanks!

    Debbi, they are! Thanks!

    robin, yum! Peaches are the best.

    kitchen flavours, canned would be good also. Have a great Happy Easter!

    Torviewtoronto, thanks and have a good weekend!

    Jennifurla, me too! Have a good evening!

    Sonia, thanks, they are!

    Marguerite, thanks and you have a wonderful Easter!

    Holly, thanks so much with both comments! Have a good weekend!

    Diane, thanks and Happy Easter!

    teresa, yes, I can't wait until the local ones are fresh!

    jose manuel, gracias! Deliciosas!

    Alessandra, thanks so much with both! Have a wonderful Happy Easter!

    Kristy, yes, I am so looking forward to doing Easter eggs for Matthew! Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter. Blessings to all.

    Glenda, that is fine and I hope you really like them! Thanks for remembering them! Happy Easter to you and yours!

    SavoringTime in the Kitchen, thanks! They're great for breakfast!

    Linda, good! I agree with your son, a perfect breakfast!

    Judy, you are so right! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. peaches?? YUM!!! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We saw some baby peach trees at the farmer's market today. These would be so good! Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a blessed day tomorrow. I'm here with my love and my family, and I'm so thankful for the hope that comes on Easter morning. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is probably the most delicious-looking recipe I've seen all day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pam, this sounds delicious. Loving muffins as I do, the combination of peaches and pecans would be a favorite.

    You might want to link this to Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam