all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chicken Breasts Dijon



I like to try different ingredients with chicken as it’s so versatile and I’m a huge fan of Dijon mustard so this recipe is a winner for me. 

This is a simple recipe that ends up being a savory gratifying dish.  The Dijon mustard, chives and lemon juice add a piquant flavor to the chicken cooked with the mushrooms.  A tablespoon of capers adds a bold taste. 

Serve with a crunchy salad and cheese grits for a fast mouthwatering weeknight meal.  Chicken breast Dijon has the best taste ever!


Chicken Breasts Dijon

Ingredients:

4 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons chives, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon capers

Method:

Heat 1 tablespoon each, oil and butter in a large skillet.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Cook chicken breasts until browned and no longer pink, about 20 minutes, depending upon size.
Remove to a warm platter and set aside.
Add remaining butter and olive oil.
Sauté mushrooms on medium-high heat until tender.
Add chives, lime juice, parsley and mustard, whisking well.
Stir in broth and combine.
Return chicken breasts to skillet, add capers and heat thoroughly.
Remove to serving platter, spooning sauce over top.
Serve

ENJOY!!!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway! 




Pin It

21 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

This sounds delicious. I always have chicken breasts and thighs in the freezer and am looking for new ways to prepare them. The sauce is filled with what we like and serving alongside cheese grits is a stroke of culinary genius!

Best,
Bonnie

Gloria said...

This look delicious Pam! kisse to your lovely grandson! gloria

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Sounds delicious! We all need quick and tasty week night meals like this one.

Velva said...

I agree with everyone above-looks delicious. I enjoy the flavors in this dish. It's can be an elegant dish that is simple to prepare-that's the best kind of dish.

Velva

Donnie said...

I needed a new chicken recipe and this looks delicious.

Michael Toa said...

I am a huge fan of dijon mustard too. This dish is right up my street. Looks utterly delicious. :)

kitchen flavours said...

This look delicious! It is simple enough for an afternoon lunch, and would be perfect for a satisfying dinner too! I love this!

Beth said...

I'm going to make this with the 2 remaining chicken breast from tonights dinner tomorrow!!! One of my favorite flavors is dijon.
Thanks for sharing.

jose manuel said...

Que delicia de pollo.

Saludos

Pegasuslegend said...

nice to see this recipe one of my favorite types of chicken and this is beautifully done!

Design Wine and Dine said...

This is one of those dishes I forget about it and I just LOVE it! Your recipe here is so simple and I (and probably most people) almost always have all the ingredients on hand! Thanks Pam!

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

Dijon mustard and mushrooms, that is a meal I would enjoy! I would rather have this, than the Las Vegas buffet I am heading out the hotel door to.

Linda

Click link below for details about the
Giveaway on my blog.
www.mykindofcooking.com

muppy said...

this looks nice. its hard for me to imagine what the capers add, i might have to try it as i love dijon too.

Monet said...

Hi Pam. Like you, I love dijon mustard, and I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. Thank you for sharing such a tempting meal! I hope you are doing well. Stay warm and enjoy the end of your week!

Bridgett said...

What a delicious dish that is definitely full of flavor from both the dijon and down to the capers. Wonderful!

Raina said...

I am always looking for new ways to prepare chicken too. This sounds perfect...delicious flavors:)

Marge said...

I love that you served this with cheese grits! Thanks for the recipe - I'm always looking for something new to do with chicken :o)

^..^Corgidogmama said...

The chicken looks yummy Pam...but it's the cheesy grits that I would devour! Oh Lawdy....give me those grits!

Chris said...

Dishes like this one remind me that I have got to do some pan cooking indoors! This looks great, Linda, especially with the cheese grits.

~RED~ said...

I too , love dijon..and capers.. great recipe!

Karen said...

I really like Dijon with chicken. This sounds wonderful, especially with the capers!