all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mushroom Casserole




I’m posting today but, not here at home.  I am doing an invited guest post over at Lazaro Cooks! today. 

Lazaro has a passion for cooking and does it very well.  He writes just as well also with his keen sense of humor.  You will become a fan of Lazaro Cooks! if you haven’t visited his blog yet. 

Today, I am posting my recipe for Tangy Baked Mushrooms at Lazaro Cooks!.  This is a delicious mushroom recipe for anyone who loves mushrooms as much as I do.  It is a saucy baked dish that combines mushrooms with sour cream and mustard.  It’s a simple side dish that will have your family and guests taking a second helping.  It’s just as good (better ?) left over. 


Tangy Mushroom Casserole

Ingredients:

2 lbs. fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1/4. c. butter, softened
4 T. flour
1 t. salt
2 t. prepared mustard
¼ t. McCormick’s Seasoned Pepper
1 8 oz. carton sour cream
¼ c. chopped parsley
¼ c. chopped onion


Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and slice.   Cream butter, flour, salt, pepper, and mustard.  Add sour cream, parsley and onion. Stir well.

Place half the mushrooms in greased 2 qt. dish.  Top with half of the sour cream mixture, spread evenly.  Repeat layers.

Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour or till well heated and golden.

6-8 servings






Mmmmm, mmmm!!!


Pin It

27 comments:

  1. i love mushrooms...so this is on my list...sounds wonderful....

    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Lazaro Cooks too. It is a great blog! Congratulations on the guest post, and I am going to check out it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to pass this on to my mushroom loving friend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This...looks marvelous! Congrats on your special recognition. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things with mushroom! This looks wonderful, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! LOve Lazaro's blog too.

    Cheers.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful. I'm a big fan of mushrooms and of mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mushrooms. I'm off to check out the recipe. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. on my way over love mushrooms happy new yr pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me encantan los champiñones, y estos se ven deliciosos.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kary, thanks, it is really good!

    Torviewtoronto, thank you and have a good day!

    Linda, you're right about Lazaro!

    Debbi, great! Hope (s)he likes it!

    Corgidogmama, thanks! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Kay, me too, this is a great mushroom recipe and easy too.

    Velva, thank you! Hope you're having a great start in the New Year!

    Buttercup, you will love this then. It's a great combo!

    SnoWhite, hope you give it a try!

    Chow and Chatter, good! Hope you make it and like it as much as I do. Happy New Year your way!

    jose manuel, bueno. Los champinones son deliciosos. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks quite delicious, my husband is a huge mushroom fan so I know he will love it. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sounding dish Pam. We love mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diane, it is!!!

    Big Dude, thanks! It really is good and like I said, it might be even better the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Pam.

    Awesome recipe for mushrooms.(your guest post was great, too)
    Our family has joked for many years about serving turducken for Christmas and after reading your post I'm putting it on the menu.

    Blessing to you and your family in 2011.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool! never done anything like this before but I love the combination of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmm, i do love mushrooms! this looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dish is on my husbands yummy food wish list...he loves mushrooms of all kinds and in any way he can get them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks yummy and thanks for the comment on my blog. I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh goodness, I think this post called to me....quite loudly! I adore mushrooms and a mushroom bake must be heaven. I definitely will be trying this. Sharing it will be another story!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think you could ever go wrong with mushrooms, sour cream and mustard! Goodness, this sounds like a casserole from heaven! I'm going over to Lazaro's site to check it out. Thank you for sharing, my dear. I hope you have a good Monday. Let the week begin!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the guest post! This sounds like a delicious way to get some shrooms into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great guest post he is a gourmet cook for sure nice job pam and lazaro!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam