all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pasta with Spicy Tuna Sauce




Kathy, this is for you (and everyone else too!)

If you like canned tuna with pasta, this recipe will be a hit for you!

You can whip this up in very little time for a satisfying meal on a weeknight.  It’s brimming with the good flavors of albacore tuna, capers, tomatoes, olives, garlic and red pepper flakes melding with angel hair pasta.  I liberally added the garlic and red pepper flakes but adjust them to your taste.  And, if you don’t care for mushrooms or capers, leave them out.

This is a highly appealing quick dish to use up those canned goods you probably have sitting in your pantry right now.  It’s on the table in about a half hour.  Serve a crisp salad alongside and enjoy!





Pasta with Spicy Tuna Sauce

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoons capers
¼ cup green olives, sliced
1 (8-ounce) can mushrooms, drained, optional
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
2 (6-ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained
8 ounces angel hair pasta
Parmesan cheese, shaved, optional

Method:

In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-low heat.
Add onion and garlic, cooking and stirring until onion is tender.
Stir in capers, olives, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Season with red pepper flakes and cracked black pepper.
Simmer gently for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
Gently fold in tuna, slightly breaking it up and heat through.
Meanwhile, while sauce is cooking, add pasta to a pot of rapidly boiling water.
Cook until tender.  Drain well.
Lightly toss pasta with tuna sauce.
Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serves 2-4


It’s lip-smacking good and quick too!



Don’t forget to enter my CSN giveaway I posted Monday!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes and cookbook giveaway!







Pin It

37 comments:

  1. Un platito de pasta delicioso, me encanta.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this delectable dish can be made quickly Pam. Bring on those heavy work weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a similar dish to this and yes it is delicious. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. An easy, great-on-the-budget meal... and OH SO GOOD, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, Sounds very good...simple but lots of flavor. We make up various dishes using canned tuna and canned chicken...with lots of spices, sometimes with pasta and sometimes with rice. The canned meat is handy to have around the house. Equals quick, simple, and with the right ingredients, tasty meals. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I wish the computer screens were "scratch & sniff" - wouldn't that be fun!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Bill, thanks! Have a good day!

    Dabbi, thank you! It's good!

    jose manuel, gracias! Me encanta pasta!

    bellini valli: yes, it makes meal time a breeze!

    Diane, then you know for sure how good it can be!

    Peggy: yes, good point; you're so right! Not a costly dish.

    David, thanks! Yes, the canned meat is easy to use when you want a good fast meal. I need to get some canned chicken and try it with this. You have a good day and take care.

    claire, thank you!

    Mary, that would be awesome! Then I'd want to be able to have a taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love every single ingredient here Pam (esp the green olives). This looks so delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not even a tuna fan, but this seems so appealing to me. Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've come across tuna and pasta recipes for some time but I've never given it a try. I like the spicy element to this particular recipe. Looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I would try this one with chicken-sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks really good and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks great, i love tuna pasta, i will try this version, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michael Toa, thanks! Love those green olives too!

    Jennifurla, thanks! Glad you stopped by!

    Bridgett, thanks! The spicier, the better!

    Holly, yes, I agree with chicken also.

    Donnie, it is. Thanks for stopping by!

    muppy, great and I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My son will love this! I always store can Tuna in my kitchen. This is quick & easy, great for work weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great recipe for the canned tuna hanging out in my pantry.Thanks Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the foreign exchange students we have living at the house would love this dish. They love pasta, which kind of surprised me since they are from Hong Kong and Bangkok.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pasta...tuna....I already love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blackswan, great! Tuna is a staple here also.

    Lynda, glad you like it!

    Linda, that is surprising with the girls. Bet they are eating good food living with you!

    Jenn, thanks so much!

    ♥LOVE2COOK♥, you said it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a delicious way to use tuna, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I can't wait to read more of your stuff. I like your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for visiting! Love the description in your profile, can't wait to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  23. teresa, thank you!

    The Short (dis)Order Cook, welcome and thanks!

    Mo 'Betta, thanks and glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanted to thank you for following me I am now following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thank you for the sweet comment on my blog and becoming a follower. I made myself a follower here too, and what a yummy blog it looks to be. I scrolled down and saw some of your delish soups and feel gung ho to make some...tonight I am making creamy chicken & Gnocchi soup, like Olive Garden has...Hope it turns out well...Thanks again and i look forward to your scrumptious posts and recipes..Mica/The Child's Paper

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks wonderful. This is the kind of lunch I love, simple and extremely satisfying! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are right! This is a wonderful dish to enjoy mid-week. Awesome.

    velva

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mushrooms...capers...tuna...cheese...yes...this is a dish that makes me happy! I will be making this very oon. I hope you have a wonderful Friday. I can't believe the weekend is almost here! Thank you for sharing, my friend. Many hugs from Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Canned tuna was the only fish my hubby would eat when we first got married...I have a feeling he'd love this terrific dish! Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  30. When I dated my husband he once cooked for me pasta with tuna. I have never seen anything else cooked by him ever since lol. This is a beautiful simple dish for everyone to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I must try spicy spaghetti some day. Looks so inviting. Thanks again for sharing. Have a great day.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love tuna with anything... this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for stopping by my blog :o) This dish sounds wonderful and really quick to make too. I love tuna but have never tried it warm with a pasta dish (just cold pasta salad). Thanks for sharing the recipe! I might try it this weekend as I have some fresh mushrooms to use up.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam