all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, September 27, 2010

Noodles with Snow Peas and Red Pepper Strips




Do you like egg noodles?  I always enjoy them with just a little butter, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese.  Then, I cooked this version and it bowled me over. 

Egg noodles are not the stars of the pasta world.  They don’t have the flair of rigatoni, the temptation of spaghetti nor the figure of farfalle. They are just a plain, sturdy noodle to be doctored up in a casserole or jazzed up in a side dish like this, to become a trusty addition for completing a meal.

Isn’t it a colorful side dish also?  The snow peas with the red pepper make it a delicious, spicy side dish to about any meat.  This is a great dish that I think you would enjoy!


Noodles with Snow Peas and Red Pepper Strips

Ingredients:

8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup red bell pepper strips
1 cup julienne-cut snow peas
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper

Method:

Cook noodles according to package directions.  Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet.
Add bell pepper strips and remaining ingredients.
Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add noodles to skillet and toss; heat thoroughly.
4 servings

ENJOY!!!



There’s still time to enter the $65 CSN giveaway I posted on Sept. 15th!  It closes tonight at midnight, central time.  The drawing is tomorrow, Sept. 28th.  Good luck!



Check out my friend, Linda’s blog, at My Kind of Cooking for her great recipes and the 4 cookbooks she's giving away!






Pin It

30 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

This is definitely a recipe that I will enjoy. Diane

Jenn said...

Looks wonderful! I love the simplicity of it. And of course, egg noodles are pasta....I love any kind of pasta!!!

Biren said...

This sounds delicious and easy to prepare.

Big Dude said...

Looks delicious - I'm a big fan of egg noodles.

Zia Elle said...

Pam, i like all kind of egg pasta and noodles with vegetables like your are fantastic!

Dedene said...

If there are hot pepper and red bell peppers on anything, I'd eat it. This looks great.

Clements Family said...

This looks great...and healthy too!

kitchen flavours said...

Yes, I think I would enjoy this! Love the combination of colours.

StephenC said...

Don't know why I don't eat egg noodles more often. I with you, butter and parmesan are all they require, but anything goes with them.

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

I love egg noodles with my Beef Stroganoff. I remember eating egg noodle a lot more when I was a kid. You just don't see a lot of recipes calling for egg noodles anymore. Your delicious recipe may change all that!

TKW said...

Love that you combined the comfort of noodles with healthy veggies! Win-win!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Another lovely pasta dish. I grew up on this stuff. Still a favorite.

jose manuel said...

Me encanta los noddles, y estos se ven tan apetecibles.

Saludos

Pushpa said...

Love the flavor of bell peppers,snowpeas and noodles together.Delicious!

Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

Deborah said...

My husband is not a big fan of egg noodles, but maybe this recipe would convert him!

Rebecka said...

Hi Pam!!
I wanted to let you know that I'm featuring you on my blog this week...stop by and say hello and pick up your Lovely Blog Award!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious noodles

JG said...

Egg Noodles are soo goood!

Pam said...

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente, great and have a good day, Diane!

Jenn, me too with the pasta. Thanks!

Biren, I like the easy part!

Big Dude, yes! It's that pasta thing!

Zia Elle, thank you! I hope you're having a good day!

Dedene, thanks! Glad you like it!

Clements Family, it is! Thank you and have a great rest of the day!

kitchen flavours, try it; it's good!

StephenC, yes! Noodles are versatile and good even if we don't make them often.

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com, you're right. With so many pastas available now, we hardly hear about these. I have to try your Beef Stroganoff. It sounds so good and easy also. So many recipes to try...

TKW, thanks! I like your attitude!

Lazaro Cooks! Yes, I definitely had it more when I was a kid also. Funny how food trends change.

jose manuel, gracias! Los noddles son los mejores. Buenas tardes!

Pushpa, thank you! It is delicious!

Deborah, hope it works! Thanks for the visit!

Rebecka, hi! Thanks so much. I'm honored and will be checking it out shortly.

Torviewtoronto, thanks! Have a good rest of the day!

JG, they are for sure! Thanks!

Silence Sings said...

That's a dish which my family members including me are going to enjoy....bookmarked...

Monet said...

I am a huge fan of egg noodles...I like them with just a bit of cheese and butter too! But this recipe looks so flavorful and tempting...I may just have to spice my normal bowl up. Thank you for sharing with us Pam...you give me so many good idea for dinner!

Mags said...

Noodle lover here, and the eggier, the better. This recipe looks right up my alley.

laurie said...

I need to try this! It looks easy and tasty!

Chow and Chatter said...

simple and very tasty my kind of cooking how did the cookbook go>?

Design Wine and Dine said...

I have Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Noodles sitting in my pantry! This is healthy and how we've been eating! Thanks Pam!

Pam said...

Silence Sings, good! Enjoy!

Monet, this is a great way to prepare the noodles and I hope you try it!

Mags, I agree! Thank you!

laurie, it's something a little different and good!

Chow and Chatter, it is! Been busy, still working on it.

Design Wine and Dine, great! You will like it!

jacqueline said...

Oh yes i am a noodle fan...i adore noodles lots. This recipe looks really yummie and it seems easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing this! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Pegasuslegend said...

looks delicious, I am still in awe of the gnocchi dish, and here you got another wonderful dish as well I need to get cookin!

Chef Bee said...

I could eat egg noodles every day. Thanks for your recipe.

Plan B

Karen said...

I love everything about this - the egg noodles (yum!) the snow peas, and the red pepper. Great flavors!