Texas Sheet Cake
This is an oldie but goodie cake and easy cake! I imagine most of you have heard of it, maybe even baked it. But ~ it is, without a doubt, a great chocolate cake. And who doesn’t like chocolate?
Texas Sheet Cake is a rich, dense, moist chocolate cake that is a cross between a brownie and cake, covered in a fudgy frosting. What may make this recipe a little different from most of them is the addition of cinnamon. It pairs perfectly with chocolate and gives a wonderful flavor to the cake.
Here’s some chocolate fun:
Reasons Why a Chocolate is Better Than a Man
- Chocolate’s not afraid to pull over and ask for directions.
- After telling your chocolate bar all your worries you can simply eat it.
- You can share chocolates with your best friend.
- A bar of chocolate doesn't bore you by constantly talking about football.
- Your mother will never disapprove of your choice of chocolate.
- Chocolate will never tell you that you’re “getting a little chubby.”
- No one's ever been jilted by a chocolate gateau
Reasons Why a Chocolate is Better Than a Woman
- Chocolate never keeps you waiting.
- Chocolate doesn't get jealous when you look at another chocolate bar.
- You never have to buy a box of chocolates for a box of chocolates.
- Chocolate doesn't talk incessantly while you're watching the football.
- It doesn't expect you to remember the anniversary of the first time you met.
- Chocolate never tries to chat up your best friend.
- Chocolate isn't looking for a long term commitment.
2 sticks butter
1 cup water
4 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup sour cream
Bring butter, water and cocoa to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
Beat in soda, eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
Pour onto large greased cookie sheet with sides of jelly roll pan, 10 ½” X 15 ½.”
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a wooden pick comes out clean.
1 cup butter
4 tablespoons cocoa
6 tablespoons milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 box confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Bring butter, cocoa and milk to a boil.
Remove from heat and add nuts, sugar and vanilla.
Spread over hot cake immediately.
Cool and serve