all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Friday, June 11, 2010

Melon, Cherries and Pomegranate Fruit Salad




I know this might sound a bit strange but it’s really delicious!

I love fresh fruit this time of year, especially melons and bing cherries; however, the taste and crunchiness of pomegranate really appeals to me also.  So, I mixed it all together. 

You have the sweetness of the cherries and melons combined with the tartness of the pomegranate, a perfect sweet/tart combo!  The flavors are really delicious together. 

You are probably aware of the many health benefits of pomegranate.  If not, check out my March 29, 2010 post.

This is very easy to make.  Cut the pomegranate into quarters and submerge in a bowl of water, the seeds separate and sink to the bottom of the bowl making it easy to remove from the skin.  Chop the melon into bite-size pieces and you’re ready for a great fruit salad.  The only problem may be trying to find them all ripe at the same time.  I did and love it!



MELON, CHERRIES and POMEGRANATE FRUIT SALAD

Ingredients:

1 small cantaloupe
½ of small watermelon
½ pound bing cherries
1 pomegranate

Method:

Cut melons into bite-size cubes.
Remove pits from cherries and halve.
Combine in a large bowl.
Add pomegranate seeds.
Mix, add sugar, if needed.
Serve

Fruity delicious!


22 comments:

  1. Cool! Perfect just for the warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you combine fruit you draw me in. I love the sweet and the tart all mixed up in deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me! I love fresh fruit...anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I haven't seen pomegranate in a while now!! craving it~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a delicious combo for a fruit salad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fruit salad in all version and your red one is very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fruit salad...so colorful and refreshing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not a big fan of melon to be honest, but adding it to pomegranites for the contrast in texture should fix this dislike lol...

    Thanks for the combination! deffinatly given me soemthing to think about!

    Keep up the good work :D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous fruit salad! A lovely and healthy treat for a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I think this sounds like a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blend of flavors Pam! My family will love this fruit salad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam,
    What a colourful and delicious fruit salad. Loved the fantastic flavours.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty new look!

    I love finding new fruit salad recipes. This combo sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious cool fruit salad on the hazy lazy summer days, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Farmchick, thanks!

    Angie's Recipes, yes, cool!

    Claudia, me too, especially in the summer!

    Diane, it is! Thanks!

    Lyndsey, fruit is the best!

    mr. pineapple man, yes; I was lucky and found it.

    Lucie, thanks for the visit!

    Kathleen, yes; love that fruit!

    Zia Elle, me too. Love the great colors of fruit.

    Juliana, refreshing is just right for summer.

    Fortunas, it's a great sweet/tart combo. Thanks!

    Cinnamon-Girl, it is healthy for sure!

    Deborah, thank you! Have a good day!

    Linda, thank you! I loved listening to you on your radio program and thanks for the nod my way!

    Lia, thanks! You have a wonderful weekend!

    Joanne, it's fruity good!

    Katy, you are right on spot! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aside from the whole cleaning of Pomegrantes-I adore them-I have never put them in a salad-do you ever add passion fruit to your salad. That is another favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite fruits all together. I may need to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore fresh fruit salads. This looks like a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Esme, yes I've added passion fruit to it, it's great! Thanks!

    Buttercup, great! It's good!

    Fresh Local and Best, I do too! Love it in the summertime and I will be having a bowl of raspberries shortly. Love them also!

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam