all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!





What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad

~~Author Unknown.~~




This Father's Day I congratulate all of the father's out there; especially Bill, the love of my life!  

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!



Pin It

9 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

What a lovely verse. I have such happy memories of my Dad. Diane

Joanne said...

Happy father's day to your husband! Excellent poem.

Dishesdone said...

Great poem! Enjoy the day!

Jacqueline said...

A lovely post, Pam!...Happy Father's Day to Bill and all the great dads out there.

MaryBeth said...

I loved it....

Raina said...

Great passage! Happy Father's Day to your hubby!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Fantastic thoughtful post. A fitting Father's Day tribute.

Be Well...

~~louise~~ said...

Delightful post, Pam. The verse would make a wonderful plaque:)

Thanks for sharing...

BTW, We're playing the Picnic Game again this year on my blog. If you would like to join us, here's the link. Hope to "see" you there!!!

Pam said...

Thanks so much to all of you and I hope you had a wonderful day!

Louise, I will check it out! Thanks!