all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, May 24, 2010

Parmesan Potato Wedges








It’s satisfaction to the hilt when you bite into a potato wedge that has some crunch on the outside and then sink your teeth down into the fluffy potato inside.

I have not made French fries in years because these Parmesan potato wedges are so easy to make and delicious with hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, steaks or about any meat.  Just cut the potatoes into wedges, add the seasonings and bake.  I made certain these were golden brown and covered well with the seasonings by turning them over in the pan a couple of times while baking.  This also ensures that they will be cooked evenly. 

These wedges are great and definitely a change from the run-of-the-mill potatoes.  Add more paprika or garlic powder or even make them using chili powder ~ there are so many options!  Lovely chunky potato wedges; they are the best!

By the way, I’m sure you can guess what shop the filet came from if you read the post before this one!  One great meal!

Parmesan Potato Wedges

Ingredients:

3 russet baking potatoes
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4  teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon McCormick’s Seasoned Pepper
½ cup olive oil

Method:

Scrub and dry potatoes.
Cut each unpeeled potato lengthwise into 8 wedges.
Combine remaining ingredients in a shallow bowl.
Coat wedges with the mixture.
Place wedges on baking sheet, cut side down.
Bake at 400 degrees about 45-50 minutes, turning and basting occasionally until golden brown.

They are addicitive!



Pin It

22 comments:

  1. I love potato wedges. Yours look so easy. When I make mine I boil the wedges for about 8 min. Dry them and toss with a little cornstarch, garlic infused oil, and spices. I then bake at 475 for 30-40 min. Maybe I should skip the boiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have potato wedges in my house quite frequently. I love them. Great thing is you can flavor them with just about anything! In the summer, I love to toss them on the grill...keeps the house cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really yummy, I will try them in the next couple of days while Nigel is here. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could easily imagine the big grin on your face when you took a bite into these potato wedges. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to try these. I like fries, but these could be a replacement. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, this is absolutely my kind of food! I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy every single bite of these so much. Hope you'll have a wonderful day.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. M, yours sound great! I've never boiled the potatoes first and must try that. It would make for less oven time and moister potatoes inside probably. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Food, Fun and Life in the Charente, they are great if you are a potato lover like I am. Hope Nigel likes them!

    Angie's Recipes, you are so right! I love potatoes about any way, except for potato soup.

    Buttercup, I like fries also but these seem easier to me plus they're good.

    My Little Space, they're really tasty! Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made a much more boring version of these and wrote them up last night. I don't remember when it will post. My kids didn't want any flavor so mine were just boring salt and pepper! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe sounds wonderful and I will defintiely try it...Thanks Pam, have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly addictive! I am addicted to parmesan and to smoked paprika, i love this kind of dish!

    Thank you Pam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those baked potato wedges look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad I saw this post today! These were on the menu tommorow and I'd lost my recipe and was in full panic mode! You saved me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum!! These look great...we are having burgers sometime this week, and I might have to add these to the meal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's my hubby's favorite! I', sure he'll love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love potatoes in any form, and these look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound like some delish potatoes! I want to try just about everything you post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic potaotes and no peeling .... count me in!!!

    I imagine that your recipe would be wonderful with sweet potato too.

    Thanks Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbi, S&P works with me! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jacqueline, thanks! Happy week right back at you!

    Alessandra, the smoked paprika is a wonderful thing! Thanks!

    Biren, thank you for the visit!

    The Blonde Duck, glad I came to the rescue! Have a good day!

    Autumn, they are the perfect thing for burgers1 Thanks!

    Little Inbox, great! I hope your hubby likes them!

    Deborah, me too! Love potatoes!!!

    Kathleen, thanks! I feel the same way about so many posts I see!

    Brownieville Girl, you're right with the peeling! I bet they would be great with sweet potatoes if only I could convince hubby of the same! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. now that looks like a perfect meal, meat and potatoes! looks delicious, have to try the potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a family favorite at our house.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a potato nut (you know, you read my blog lol) and I roast all sorts of veggies with Parmesan all the time lol! I dont know why it didn't occur to me to try it on potatoes. :/
    I just made some with ranch dip seasoning. I think the flour in it creates a little crunch. They'll make it to my blog in weeks. I'm really ahead on post. So I am catching up on your blog today! Thanks for always reading mine!
    Shamrocks and Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dishesdone, it was a great meal; the potatoes go wonderfully with about any meat!

    Mimi, I hear you! The same here! Thanks!

    S and S, I think after reading your blog you like potatoes as much as I do! The ranch seasoning is delicious I bet! I always enjoy reading your blog and thank you so much for stopping by here!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam