all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Monday, May 17, 2010

Green Chile Chicken Pasta






This recipe was posted by Linda at My Kind of Cooking on May 14th

I thought the list of ingredients sounded delicious and knew I had to try it.  I broke the chicken into bite-size pieces and added about three-fourths of a pound of mushrooms to it along with a few twists of freshly ground pepper.  The green chiles are a perfect complement to the dish and it baked quickly to a golden brown. I divided it into 2 casserole baking dishes and froze one for later usage.  You must try this dish to see just how mouth-watering delicious it is!  It will make a perfect entrée for guests!  Thanks for the recipe, Linda!





Here is Linda’s recipe:

1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni noodles, cooked, drained
2 (16 ounce) jars Alfredo sauce
1 pound chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
2 (8 ounce) packages shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In 4 quart baking dish, arrange rigatoni noodles. Pour 1 jar Alfredo sauce over top.  Arrange chicken over sauce.  Pour remaining Alfredo sauce over chicken.  Sprinkle chiles over Alfredo sauce.  Sprinkle cheese over top.  Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly golden brown.  Makes 8 servings.

The green chiles give this recipe a unique flavor.  You get all the chile flavor without any of the chile heat.   If you are serving this to company and are in doubt about whether they like green chiles or not, just sprinkle them on half of the dish.

Do give it a try and enjoy!



Pin It

27 comments:

  1. Hmm...this definitely sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I printed this same recipe from her and I have it in my must try piles! The pile is getting bigger every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it on her site too...it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks hearty and delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have this printed ready to cook, must definitely get around to cooking it. It looks delicious. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick and easy, it looks delicious.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of adding the green chiles- it seems like the perfect kick. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, the green chiles in this pasta dish sounds delicious...so tasty...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm.... this sounds really good! I love the idea of the green chiles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really delish:) At first when i read the title i wondered but after reading thru the recipe it sounds like it would be really good:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA. I just bookmarked this at her blog! Great minds, we have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like total comfort food! Great idea to split up. I bet it's totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! I'm going to try this soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, thanks for making my recipe! I like your addition of the mushrooms. It is so much fun to take a recipe and put your own special twist on it!

    Thanks Again!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! Of course, I love anything covered in cheese, but this looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is calling to me, but then again, I'd eat a shoe if it had green chilies on it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love green chiles so this sounds like my kind of meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Mexican twist on alfredo sauce! What flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Little Inbox, you're right on spot!

    Debbi Does Dinner Healthy, I'm with you there! I have a huge pile of must try's that I want to cook through.

    Bo, it is delicious! Thanks!

    Kenny T, it is hearty and very fillingly delicious!

    Food, Fun and Life in the Charente, it's a keeper, very good!

    Mimi, it is very easy and a dish most people will enjoy.

    Anne, the green chiles really did it up good! Yum!

    Juliana, you should try it! Thanks for stopping by!

    julie M, yes! It surprised me with how great the chiles were in it.

    Holly, I knew I would like this the minute I read the recipe. It's really good!

    Abby, right on! Now you just have to make it! ;)

    Cinnamon-Girl, yes! It's perfect comfort and now I have another meal in the freezer for whenever.

    Autumn @Good Eats Girl, I hope you do; you'll like it, I'm sure!

    Linda www.mykindofcooking.com, I'm glad you stopped by and liked it. Thanks again for the great recipe!

    Me, Myself and Pie, cheese is the best! Thanks for the visit!

    Chris, have to love those green chiles, shoes and all! ;) Thanks!

    Deborah, we all agree on the green chiles; they definitely add to the dish!

    Joanne, you're right! I never looked at it that way. It's absolutely a unique flavor that is so very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy! I'm definitely going to make this one. Great way to use up leftover chicken too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Martha, great! It's perfect for leftover chicken. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I eat lots of chicken and fish so this is definitely a recipe I will try; it sounds wonderful, different and easy!!...Thanks Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jacqueline, we eat lots of chicken also and I'm always looking for new recipes for it. This is one of the best! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks like my kind of cooking too! I like the changes you made...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lyndsey, thanks! It's a great dish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didnt like chilis as a child but something happened in the last five years. They are so appetizing to me. Something about chilis and cheese that are just magical together. I bookmarked this. It looks great. It reminds me of a pie that I haven't made for a while...hmmm might have to get that on my grocery list lol
    Shamrocks and Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  27. S and S, I really hadn't eaten chilis until several years ago when my older son started cooking dishes using them. I love that heat now and you're right, it's great with cheese. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam