Farmer’s Breakfast


I always look forward to morning because that means...
 another breakfast!


At Breakfast ~ Ray Hendershot

As I’ve said before, breakfast is hands-down my favorite meal of the day and the weekend is the perfect time for a heartier breakfast.  I have a thing for breakfast casseroles, especially when cooking breakfast for company.  This one is so simple to put together and one that you and your guests will love. 

Farmer’s breakfast is a country-style dish filled with sausage, eggs, potatoes and cheese. 
It will make your taste buds tingle and your mouth water.  Just whip it together and you will soon be enjoying a hot delicious breakfast casserole with some of your favorite ingredients!

Farmer’s Breakfast

Ingredients:

1 pound of your favorite sausage
1 small red or green bell pepper, chopped
3 large potatoes, cooked and cubed
¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
6 eggs
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons onion, chopped
¼ cup crisply fried bacon, crumbled or bacon bits
Salt and pepper

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook and crumble sausage in skillet until done.
Drain and set aside, leaving 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet.
To drippings add onion and green pepper.
Cook about 3 minutes.
Spread crumbled sausage in 9” casserole dish.
Place onion mixture and potatoes on top.
In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
Spread egg mixture over potato mixture, top with cheese and bacon bits.
Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean, removing cover during last 10 minutes.
Serves 6

ENJOY!

Pam’s note:  Frozen hash browns may be used; let them thaw first.




Comments

  1. Right, this one is bookmarked for when there is more than just me for breakfast. It sounds delicous and I can just smell it coming out of your oven, Mmmmmmmmm Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good as all your recipes do. I always like making extra potatoes because there are so many ways to use them the next time around. Hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I just made something like this for dinner last night, without all the nummy bacon though. This looks great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice hearty breakfast. Has everything you'd want. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so hearty and delicious Pam - it is not usual in England to have peppers and cheese with bacon and sausage - so this is such an unusual dish to me and it sounds so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing like a big hearty breakfast on the weekend, we look forward to it, too! Farmer's Breakfast sounds right up our alley, thanks, copied and saved!

    and once in a while we like breakfast for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I have leftover breakfast casserole I turn it into breakfast burritos. I scoop a small amount of the casserole onto a flour tortilla, add some salsa and cheese and heat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delicious and hearty breakfast! Filled with all my breakfast favorites. I bet this would keep me full until dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Food, Fun and Life in the Charente, It's definitely a great dish for company!

    midwesttomidlands, I always make extra potatoes also; they're a good thing to have around!

    Debbi Smith, breakfast food works any time of the day!

    Lyndsey, yes! It takes sausage and eggs up a notch!

    Lucie, I didn't realize that about England. I hope you try it!

    Dishesdone, I'm with you all the way! Love those weekend breakfasts!

    Brownieville Girl, thanks! Hope you had a good weekend!

    Linda, that sounds great and I will have to try it! It's a whole new meal then. Thanks!

    Cinnamon Girl, yes! It sticks with you for the day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis sounds awesome. And you're right, great for company. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam, it's definitely a dish for sausage lovers! And for that matter, potato lovers like me! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________