Bubba’s Guacamole


It is dangerous for me to start eating guacamole, especially with tortilla chips as I don’t know when to stop.

For that matter, I know of someone who may feel the same way; and that someone is my older son, Bubba ~ as in Bill. Jr.  For those of you who follow my blog, you will recall a couple of his great recipes:  chili, posted on Nov. 21, 2009 and enchiladas, posted on Jan. 12, 2010.



His guacamole is delicious and particularly so on a succulent grilled hamburger.  As you know, he loves hot food and with this recipe he usually adds 2 or 3 Serrano peppers.  That’s too much heat for me, so I cut it back most of the time. 

I know there are a lot of cooks out there who doctor their guacamole up several notches with many add-ins, but Bubba keeps the ingredients for his at a minimum which makes it really quick to make and simply delicious.  


Avocados, also called “alligator pears,” are native to Central and South America being used mainly to accompany meat and salads and of course, for preparing guacamole.  

They contain healthy fat, protein and a whopping dose of fiber.  Avocados are surprisingly a complete food, having 14 minerals to stimulate growth, including copper and iron for your blood.  They are very filling!

Serrano chili peppers have thin walls; therefore, they do not need to be steamed or peeled before eating, which makes it the perfect pepper for guacamole and salsas.  They also are 5 times hotter than the jalapeño with a flavor that is crisp, bright, biting and hot!  Plus, they’re pretty! 

Bubba knows a good thing and how to make it!  Here’s his recipe:

Bubba’s Guacamole

Ingredients:

2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
½ medium red onion, quartered
2-3 Serrano peppers
1-2 tablespoons cilantro (I use parsley)

Method:

Place all ingredients in a blender jar in the order given. 
Pulse intermittently 8 to 10 times or until it reaches a chunky or smooth consistency, whichever you prefer.
You may need to turn off the blender and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the jar and process more. 
Serve and enjoy!

Bubba's note:  If desired, dice half a tomato and stir it into the guacamole after it's out of the blender.

I’m a sucker for guacamole and Bubba’s is the best!



Comments

  1. Wonderfully simple recipe! My husband loves spicy food so he would love the Serrano peppers. I am a wimp. I don't like it as hot as he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband adores guac! I'm more of a hummus fan. This looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a cool recipe! Btw, I have some awards for you dear. Please feel free to pick them out. Thanks!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is just watering. We had very big avo trees in South Africa and Zimbabwe and we used to have huge fruit that we eat almost all year round. Oh I do miss them. Sometimes we can buy nice ones here, but more often than not they are not stored well and they are tastless. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of adding serrano peppers-I love my guac hot and spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your recipe one of my favorite dips is anything with avocado's in it, thanks for visiting my site! Like the music you setup here...nice page :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We also love guac at our house! Yours looks similar, I just add a dollup of sour cream as well, to cool it off a little:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks great....I love guacamole!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm like you, once I start eating it I have a hard time stopping! I just tell myself that it's really good for me, good fats and all. Now I'm craving guac!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the case of guacamole, I think simple is the best, too, and Bubba's guac looks fantastic! and you really can't stop at a little. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was looking for a guacamole dip, but this looks good too!!

    http://yummyanonymous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very simple - I'm sure it was delish! (Glad he added onions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never tasted guacamole..........it seems interesting!!
    Thank you Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Avocado's were reduced at the supermarket today - hope there's some left!!

    By the way - I have nominated you for an award over at my blog :-}}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the spicy heat from the serranos. Looks like one might fine guacamole to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds great=I love spicy guacamole!...Thanks Pam and kisses to your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot to tell you-
    If desired, dice half a tomato and stir it into the guacamole after it's out the blender...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, I'm kind of a wimp like you. I like it just a little hot, don't want to burn my mouth up!

    Debbi Smith, then I hope you try if for your hubby! :-)

    My Little Space, it's cool but hot! Thanks so much for the awards! You are so kind and I appreciate it!

    Food, Fun and Life in the Charente, that's so great with having your own avocado trees! Lucky you! I imagine the ones here taste nothing like yours did back then.

    Esme, there you go! You'll have to try it with the peppers!

    pegasuslegend, thanks so much for the compliments! Yours is pretty great also and I'm looking forward to your future posts!

    Sweet and Savory, that's what I need! Plenty of sour cream!

    Sandi, thanks for stopping by!

    Julie M, thanks for the advice! I will keep telling myself that. Thanks for the visit!

    Dishesdone, Bubba taught me how to do it right! Now I need someone to tell me when to stop! Have a good evening!

    HorseJumper12341, glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by and I will be checking your blog out!

    Karen, I'm glad too about the onions. Of course I put them in about anything I can.

    Zia Elle, you'll have to try it! It's creamy good and easy to make!

    Brownieville Girl, I hope you have one left also and then can try this! Thanks so much for the award! That's so nice of you! Have a great evening!

    Kim, it is mighty fine and it goes great with the chips!

    Jacqueline, I'm glad you like guacamole! Thanks for the kisses for Moocher ~ Minnie will be soooo jealous!

    Bubba, thanks! I will add that to the post and remember to bring me some the next time you make it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My husband loves guacamole and the add in of peppers will be right up his alley! Definietly going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a wonderful recipe, I shall try it very soon.
    I've been reading your recipes, and end up drooling each time :)
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We bought a bag of avocados, this is a wonderful way to use them up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Autumn, great! I hope you both like it and thanks for stopping by!

    A Brit in Tennessee, glad this all makes you drool! Have a good day!

    3 hungry tummies, way to go! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have no idea what is guacamole, but it must be something delicious. If not, how would you eat non-stop? Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been making so much guacamole these days that I decided to plant one of the pits and stuck it in soil...but you're suppose to put it in water or something..I'm devastated!

    but ur pics makes me want to make even more guac! so good~~

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know what you mean about starting to eat guacamole, it's so addictive! Funny you mentioned burgers and avocados, that's what we're having tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Little Inbox, you must try the guacamole to find out, it's great!

    mr. pineapple man, just try it again in water and see what happens! Guac is the best, yum!

    Fresh Local and Best, that's the bad thing, it's so addictive and that means more chips. Sounds like you had a good dinner to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________