all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blueberry Corn Muffins



I have baked a plethora of blueberry muffins and am thrilled when I see a new recipe for them.  This recipe definitely got my attention when I read it and tore it out of some magazine; now I don’t have a clue what magazine it was.  Anyway, blueberry muffins ~ corn muffins; they’re both great.  But combine the two, who would’ve thought?

These are so very delicious, I couldn’t believe it!  The blueberries and cornmeal with a little sugar and a touch of cinnamon is a wonderful thing.  I much prefer a muffin that is not terribly sweet and these have just the right amount of sweetness.  I used fresh blueberries; however, frozen can be used also but, do not thaw them before adding them to the batter.

These blueberry corn muffins are so good and the color is just-right with the corn meal addition.  And to make matters better, they are just as delicious a day or two after baking!

I really hope you give these a try as they are easy and filled with great blueberry corn flavor.  Yummy delicious warm or room temperature!





Blueberry Corn Muffins

Ingredients:

¼ cup butter, softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 cup flour
½ cup corn meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup milk, whole or 2%
1 cup blueberries

Method:

In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
Add egg, mix well.
Combine flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Add to the butter mixture alternately with the mik.
Stir until just combined well, do not over-stir.
Fold in blueberries.
Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or use paper liners.
Fill each cup two-thirds full.
Bake at 400 degrees 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes in pan.
Remove to wire rack.
Makes 12

This is now my favorite blueberry muffin and Bill’s too!
ENJOY, ENJOY!!!



28 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Apparantly today is all about blueberries! These look great!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I have never cooked with blueberries before, I wonder if I can get them in France, This looks delicious. Diane

Mimi said...

What a great combination of flavors and textures for for muffins.
Mimi

Angie's Recipes said...

A delicious combination! Love blueberries in baking.

Cinnamon-Girl said...

I can't resist a scrumptious blueberry muffin! These are unique too - don't think I've ever seen a corn muffin with blueberries in it.

Holly said...

Yuumy! I have a couple blueberry muffin recipes to try out-including this one now;) Thanks for posting it!

Zia Elle said...

Love your blueberry muffin!
And I like the add of corn meal, yammy!

Michelloui said...

Ive never even heard of combining blueberries and cornbread--two of my favourites! Thanks for this, I shall copy it now...

Catherine said...

These muffins look wonderful Pam! Blueberry muffins are a favorite in my home, i'll have to make these soon!

Lyndsey said...

That's a nice looking muffin! I never would of thought of combining the two. I don't eat blueberries, but I could do a cranberry corn muffin!

Bo said...

Pam you have combined my two favorite muffins blueberry and corn. I know these are good!

Me, Myself and Pie said...

Mmmm...cornmeal sounds like a LOVELY addition to blueberry muffins...must try soon!

Dishesdone said...

looks delicious, I love blueberry corn muffins!

Juliana said...

Pam, I never had a corn blueberry muffin, it sure sounds terrific.

Kathleen said...

I love corn muffins with blueberries! YUM!!!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

what a great combination!
Shamrocks and Shenanigans

Autumn @Good Eats Girl said...

You just combined two of my favorite muffins! So glad to hear that they were fabulous, I'm going to have to try them out!

Abby said...

I make corn muffins all the time, and sometimes even sweetened with honey. But I've never thought to add fruit!

theUngourmet said...

Nice! I love corn muffins and I love blueberries in muffins! I'll have to give these a try. :)

Pam said...

Debbie, LOL! I said the same thing earlier!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente, now I'm sad! ;) I hope you can find them as they are delicious!

Mimi, yes! It's a great texture with the corn meal added.

Angie's Recipes, I use them a lot in baking also and like them about any way.

Cinnamon-Girl, yes! I thought they were pretty unique also, a great combo!

Holly, you're welcome and thanks for stopping by!

Pam said...

Zia Elle, corn meal is the best, right? I like your new pic, perfect for you!

Michelloui, great! You'll love it!

Catherine, those blueberries are a wonderful healthy thing. We enjoy them quite often!

Lyndsey, I bet these would be great with cranberries also, even dried cherries too! Yum!

Bo, you've got it! They're the best!

Me, Myself and Pie, I hope you give them a try! They're packed with flavor!

Dishesdone, me too! Thanks for stopping by!

Juliana, you just never know what different recipe you'll find next!

Kathleen, YUM is the magic word that works!

Shamrocks and Shenanigans, thanks so much! They're awesome!

Autumn @Good Eats Girl, I was really surprised with this, two great things combined in one!

Abby, I've added honey before but never fruit until now. Delicious!

theUngourmet, you will be amazed with how great they are! Thanks!

Terrianne, Call me Ree said...

I totally agree with you about preferring muffins that aren't overly sweet. When I saw these goegeous blueberry corn muffins of yours come up a few days in my list of recent posts', I couldn't wait to get a free minute to come explore them. I love using cornmeal in new ways. I made a fruit jam tart about a month back using cornmeal.

I will absolutely be making these one morning. I can't think of a more delicious way to start the day!

Beautiful. Yummy! Thanks for sharing. =)

Karen said...

I do the same thing... tear a recipe out of a magazine and then I never know where it came from! These sound really good with the cornmeal!

Pam said...

Terrianne, Call me Ree, that fruit jam tart sounds fantastic. I love tarts, they're always filled with good things! Glad you like the muffins! I never thought of adding blueberries to corn meal but it works! Have a great weekend!

Karen, I'm glad I'm not alone. I do that all the time ~ too many magazines to save so rip the recipe out! Thanks and you have a wonderful weekend!

My Little Space said...

These look so tempting! Love the corn flavour in it.

Pam said...

My Little Space, thanks!

Farmgirl Susan said...

I love corn muffins, and I love blueberry muffins - and yet I don't think I've ever combined the two. Thanks for the delicious inspiration! :)

Pam said...

Farmgirl Susan, the same here! It's a great combo. Thanks!