all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Friday, March 19, 2010

A Wonderful Thing is Happening Tomorrow! And an Award!





I am ecstatic and overjoyed!!!  I will not be posting for the next couple of days as we have a great event happening in our family, Matt and Kathy are getting married tomorrow!  This is the first wedding in our family.

They have been going together for 2½ years and I have patiently (Bill probably doesn’t agree) been waiting for this day and am beside myself with excitement now and can hardly contain it. 

I have never attended a wedding where I didn’t have tears in my eyes when the bride walked down the aisle so I think I should have taken lessons in self-control before this.  I will probably fall to pieces when I see beautiful Kathy walk down the aisle and then be sobbing as I turn around toward the altar and see Matt and Bubba standing there!  Bubba sent an email this morning about his little speech at the reception when toasting the bride and groom.  My eyes were glassy just reading it….






Before I close here, I would like to tell you about an award I received:

A wonderful, formerly Midwest lady, was gracious enough to give me this lovely Happiness Award.  She has a great attitude and tells interesting stories along with gorgeous photos of her life in England now.  She makes you feel like you are there!  Thank you, Jane @ midwesttomidlands, for thinking of me and sending the award my way!






Here are the rules:

1.       When you have received this award you must thank the person that awarded it to you.
2.      Name the 10 things that make you happy.
3.      Pass this award onto 10 other bloggers and inform the winners.

TEN THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

Obviously my family, our 2 cats and friends make me happiest so I will not place them on the list.  They are my rock and at least one of them makes me laugh every day.  So, here is the rest of what makes me happy:



  1. That first cup of freshly brewed coffee in the early morning along with the quiet.


  1. The chaos in the kitchen with the family at holiday time and the anticipation of a delicious meal forthcoming.

  1. A good belly laugh.

  1. Listening to music or reading a good book, cookbooks included.

  1. The smell of fresh cut grass.

  1. Playing golf with the league, and others too.

  1. Freshly laundered sheets and hopefully ironed also!

  1. Sitting on the deck with Bill on a warm summer evening enjoying a cocktail or two.

  1. A loaf of home-made bread just out of the oven.

  1.  A thunderstorm, just as long as it is not severe!




 I could go on and on but, lucky for you, I will stop here.  I hope you all out there are thinking of those things that really make you happy!!!

Now, here are the 10 bloggers I would like to pass the award to:


Coralie @ charmsofdays

Joni @redcouchrecipes

Jake and Addie’s mom @ corginews

Kim @ theungourmet

Ally @ sweetandsavoryfood

Karen @ ohboykarencooks

Annalisa @ atthehob

Zia Elle @ incucinaconziaelle

Mia @ mimis-kitchen

Kathleen @ gonnawantseconds

I’m looking forward to reading your lists and seeing what makes you happy!
Have a great weekend and…..


See ya! Monday!!!





25 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Thanks so much for the really SWEET award! I love that you thought of me!

Here are 10 things that make me happy!

My family!
Good friends!
Books!
Pets especially shelties!
Teaching!
My students!
Arts and crafts!
Creating new projects!
Colorful beauty!
Life!

For all of this happiness...I give thanks!

My Little Space said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award and also to Matt, Pam! I'm sure you'll be terribly busy. Have lots of fun!
Best regards,
Kristy

Sweet and Savory said...

Thanks Pam! That was very nice of you...I'll be sure to post my 10 things tomorrow on my post, check it out!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a beautiful day and let the tears flow - I say ;)

Gulmohar said...

Congratulations to you all !! How exciting !
Congrats on your award too !

Karen said...

What a wonderful weekend you'll have! Congrats to everyone! Thanks for the award :)

Moogie said...

Weddings are such a wonderful occasion... especially if you're not paying for it.

Congrats on the award!

Chele said...

Thanks for stopping by my blof Pam. Have a great time at wedding
;0)

midwesttomidlands said...

have a great time at the wedding and a great happy list!

Annalisa said...

Hi Pam!!!
Thank you so much for the award, you're truly wonderful!
Thanks again, I will post it asap, promise!
Annalisa

Red Couch Recipes said...

Congratulations...I think having your children marry well brings great joy! Joni

Velva said...

What a wonderful time you are going to have at your family wedding!!! Weddings are wonderful.

Congrats on yoru award too. We will see you in the blogosphere when you return. :-)

Martha said...

Congrats on your award! Enjoy the wedding and all the fun and festivities that go with it :-)

Kathleen said...

Omgosh/! This is too funny! I have an award I want to share with you. Stop by my blog when you get a chance! Mighty minds think a like!

Whosyergurl said...

Love your happy list!
Enjoy the wedding and don't forget to wear water-proof (tear-proof) mascara! My brother was baptized recently and I said "Mother will bawl like a baby!" well, guess who bawled? Once I started, I couldn't stop!
Hoosier hugs,
Cheryl

À LA GRAHAM said...

Pam, congrats on your award and congrats on the wedding in your family...I hope you're at the reception and taking a spin on the dance floor right now! :)

theUngourmet said...

Congrats on the wonderful wedding! How fun!

Love your list. Mine would look a lot like yours! Thanks for passing this on to me! :)

Joanne said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you and your family.

Also super congratulations on the award! I'm new to your blog but from what I can see, you definitely deserve it.

Grace said...

Have a wonderful time at the wedding. That is very exciting and I can see why you would have tears in your eyes - it's a lot of emotion having a child get married.

Zia Elle said...

First of all Congratulations! Have a good wedding day!!
Thank you Pam for your sweet award, thank you for thought of me!
Here the 10 things meke me happy:
1. the smell of the hot coffee in the morning
2.cooking (pasta or cake)
3.the sound of the sea in the winter
4.have an espresso with my husband in a morning break time
5.the green of the hills (immagine Toscany hills) in spring time
6.come back to Rome after a travel
7.choise fresh fruits and vegetables to the market
8. a good big laugh
9.read my book in the evening time when the day is going on
10. silence during night time

Pam said...

Coralie, thanks for your 10! I'm sure you are a great teacher and the students all love having you teaching them!


My Little Space, thank you for the kind words. It was a great day for us all even though it did snow!


Sweet and Savory, you're welcome! I will be checking yours out!

Savoring Time in the Kitchen, thank you! Yes, those tears flowed!


Gulmohar, thank you for the sweet comment. It was an exciting day!

Karen, thanks! I appreciate you stopping by!

Moogie, thanks! Weddings are the best!

Chele, thank you! We had a great day!

midwesttomidlands, thanks! Glad you liked the list also!


Annalisa, you're welcome! I'm looking forward to reading yours!


Red Couch Recipes, he did marry well, they are perfectly suited for each other!

Velva, thanks! It was wonderful and a day we will always remember!

Martha, thanks! We enjoyed every minute of it all! What a day!


Kathleen, that is pretty funny! Thank you so much, that is very kind of you and I appreciate your thoughtfulness!


Whosyergurl, thank you! That's pretty funny with your brother! You just never know...


A LA GRAHAM, thank you! I did take a few spins on the dance floor and had a great time!


theUngourmet, you're welcome and thanks to you!

Joanne, thank you! I'm glad to meet you and will be visiting you soon!

Grace, you are so right! It is a very emotional time! Thanks!

Zia Elle, thank you so much! Love your list and I can only imagine the great scenes you are talking about, especially with the sound of the sea! Love that but would have to do some traveling to hear it! I'm with you all the way on the smell of coffee and more! Thanks, again!

Mimi said...

Pam,
Congratulation on your award and thank you for passing it on to me. I could just ditto your list, we may be kindred spirits!
Mimi

Pam said...

Hey Congrats on your award! I'm adding you to my blogroll..sweetie!

My hubby plays golf and I kinda play...he wishes I would play more...ha! He plays every day...ugh!....lol!...but so glad he found something that he enjoys and you too!

xoxo

Karen said...

Weddings are such happy times - congrats to all!

Pam said...

Mimi, thanks! Nothing like kindred spirits!


Pam, thank you! You are a dear and I have added you also. Sounds like your husband really does love golf! It's a great thing chasing that ball around!


Karen, thank you!