I am ecstatic and overjoyed!!! I will not be posting for the next couple of days as we have a great event happening in our family, Matt and Kathy are getting married tomorrow! This is the first wedding in our family.
They have been going together for 2½ years and I have patiently (Bill probably doesn’t agree) been waiting for this day and am beside myself with excitement now and can hardly contain it.
I have never attended a wedding where I didn’t have tears in my eyes when the bride walked down the aisle so I think I should have taken lessons in self-control before this. I will probably fall to pieces when I see beautiful Kathy walk down the aisle and then be sobbing as I turn around toward the altar and see Matt and Bubba standing there! Bubba sent an email this morning about his little speech at the reception when toasting the bride and groom. My eyes were glassy just reading it….
Before I close here, I would like to tell you about an award I received:
A wonderful, formerly
Midwest lady, was gracious enough to give me this lovely Happiness Award. She has a great attitude and tells interesting stories along with gorgeous photos of her life in now. She makes you feel like you are there! Thank you, Jane @ midwesttomidlands, for thinking of me and sending the award my way! England
Here are the rules:
1. When you have received this award you must thank the person that awarded it to you.
2. Name the 10 things that make you happy.
3. Pass this award onto 10 other bloggers and inform the winners.
TEN THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
Obviously my family, our 2 cats and friends make me happiest so I will not place them on the list. They are my rock and at least one of them makes me laugh every day. So, here is the rest of what makes me happy:
- That first cup of freshly brewed coffee in the early morning along with the quiet.
- The chaos in the kitchen with the family at holiday time and the anticipation of a delicious meal forthcoming.
- A good belly laugh.
- Listening to music or reading a good book, cookbooks included.
- The smell of fresh cut grass.
- Playing golf with the league, and others too.
- Freshly laundered sheets and hopefully ironed also!
- Sitting on the deck with Bill on a warm summer evening enjoying a cocktail or two.
- A loaf of home-made bread just out of the oven.
- A thunderstorm, just as long as it is not severe!
I could go on and on but, lucky for you, I will stop here. I hope you all out there are thinking of those things that really make you happy!!!
Now, here are the 10 bloggers I would like to pass the award to:
Coralie @ charmsofdays
Jake and Addie’s mom @ corginews
Kim @ theungourmet
Ally @ sweetandsavoryfood
Karen @ ohboykarencooks
Annalisa @ atthehob
Zia Elle @ incucinaconziaelle
Mia @ mimis-kitchen
Kathleen @ gonnawantseconds
I’m looking forward to reading your lists and seeing what makes you happy!
Have a great weekend and…..
See ya! Monday!!!