all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Monday, March 15, 2010

Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake


I think there is a little bit of Irish in all of us on St. Paddy’s Day!  And what better way to celebrate it than with a great dessert with Bailey’s Irish Cream in it?


I have made this cake many times and enjoyed taking it to work for yet another pot-luck celebration.  I worked at a Social Service agency for people with disabilities for many years.  If we employees weren’t talking about the latest diet we're on, we were talking about food and our recipes.  


It seemed like every other conversation was about food and I don’t know how we actually got any work accomplished but, we did!  The agency was full of many good cooks and believe me, we used any excuse to make it food day.  Just try working there and not gaining weight!



Back to this cake now ~ I would say always have a bottle of Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur on hand!  If you don’t have any, you must make a trip to buy it and since this is the season, I’m sure it is on sale everywhere.  Then you are set to either enjoy imbibing or adding it to a variety of dessert recipes.  This cake tastes delicious and is just a little heavy. 

Bailey's Irish Cream Cake is a doctored up cake using pudding and cake mixes.  It's quick, easy and pretty impressive, especially for "Bailey" lovers!


For the Glory of Ireland

Paddy the Englishman, Paddy the Irishman, Paddy the Scotsman, and Paddy the Welshman were all flying together in an airliner. The captain announced that they were losing altitude rapidly and that one of them would have to jump out to save the others.

"I do this for the glory of Scotland," said Paddy the Scotsman and he jumped out.

"We need to lose more weight," said the captain, so Paddy the Welshman shouted, "I do this for the glory of Wales," and jumped out.

"Sorry," said the captain. "I'm afraid we need to lose the weight of just one more person."

"I do this for the glory of Ireland," said Paddy the Irishman and threw out Paddy the Englishman.




Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake

Ingredients:

1 yellow cake mix
1 large box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs, room temperature
¾ cup oil
¾ cup water
¼ cup sugar
½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Glaze:

½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
½ cup confectioners’ sugar

For cake:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Grease and flour Bundt pan.
Mix all cake ingredients, except chocolate chips, on medium speed of electric mixer for 3 minutes.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into Bundt pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until it tests done with a toothpick.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan.

For glaze:

Combine Irish cream and confectioners’ sugar with electric mixer.  If a thick consistency is desired, add additional confectioners’ sugar.

When cake is completely cool, spoon glaze over top.

‘Tis incredibly delicious!

40 comments:

  1. I n-e-e-d this, I really do!
    Lordy.....
    Love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corgidogmama, thanks! I could use a slice of it right now myself! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with Baileys is delicious. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I love Baileys!!!! It never miss in my house! Your cake is fantastic, I will try it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your new blog background. I think I will stop having to visit it though because everytime I come it makes me hungry! So many great recipes - did you take out the calories when you changed your blog? (just kidding, glad to have found your blog:)
    In the case of the Bailey's Cake I think that is when one should eat dessert first. Happy St. Pat's Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. AppleC, you are so right on spot! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zia Elle, from one Bailey's lover to another, I hope you like the cake! It has a great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. midwesttomidlands, thank you! Glad it makes you hungry; that means there is something here you like! Actually, I think I might have added some calories when I changed the blog, especially with this cake. ;) I like your style and would say this would make for a great first course and forget the rest! Waiting for your return :-) Happy St. Pat's Day to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds incredibly moist and delicious!
    The Peppered Pantry~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Holly! Glad it sounds good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, I always have Baileys! This cake sounds de-lish. I'm bookmarking it right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorite cake recipes is made with a mix, which is amazing since I am a cake snob (if it ain't homemade, I'm not going to bother to eat it!) LOL This cake sounds good and I'm betting it's really moist, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband would love this, He always has Bailey's on hand. Wonderful recipe.

    I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new blog face! This cake made me gain wieght just reading about it..GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of adding Irish Cream to the cake mix, I'm sure it gives it a wonderful kick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Pam: Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Isn't everyone Irish on St. Pat's day? I love Irish Cream, I love to add it to recipes. Of course, I love to drink it, too :)

    Love your blog...I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen, you are so right! I'm a cake snob also and I seldom make a cake from a cake mix but, this one works. Hope you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lyndsey, thanks for the compliments! The Bailey's really adds a great flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen Deborah, thank you! I always have that problem too and you'd think I'd quit reading them, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fresh Local and Best, it does give it a bit of a kick! I love your Avi!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie, you're welcome and thank you for stopping by! Yeah, I'm thinking everyone is Irish on that day and I like a drink of it now and then myself! I will be visiting you again later!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so completely yummy. I think I need to run out for a bottle of Bailey's. Your music is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Baileys and I love your blog! I always add malabu rum in my cakes but Bailey would be a nice change...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum. Enjoying your blog. I have passed on an award to you!
    http://sowhatareyoumakingfordinner.blogspot.com/2010/03/skirt-steak-pepppers-and-onion-sub-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. My daughters name is Bailey, so I am a little partial. LOL.
    This sounds fantastic. I am going to have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Buttercup, yes for the Bailey's. Glad you liked the music and thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A LA GRAHAM, thank you! I love that rum in recipes also!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lucia from Madison, how nice! That makes me feel honored and I will be checking it out! Thanks, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Miranda, LOL! Great name you gave your daughter! Love it! Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds delicious. I love the flavor of Baileys.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW...this must have been simply delish and out of this world good...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mary Beth, thanks! Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pam, first time visit and I decided to follow you. I'm a midwest gal, too. I came over to see you from Corgidogmama. She & I have been buds for some time, now. Bailey's cake? SINFUL and I can't wait to try it! YUMMERS!
    Hoosier hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  34. Whosyergurl, welcome! It's great to meet another midwest girl or "Hoosier" girl, I should say! You have a great friend, I am sure plus her pups also. Hope you try the cake and I will be visiting your blog soon.
    Hugs right back at ya!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am definitely going to make this for my hubby. It is his favorite drink. By the way, I am a Midwestern girl myself, Missouri! Living in New York for some plus 20years, but my heart belongs to the heartland! It is always home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Angela, I always like to meet another Midwestern girl! Home is definitely where the heart is! Thanks for stopping by!


    Snooky doodle, it is! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. My husband thinks Bailey's is one of life's true pleasures. I will have to make this for him soon. Sounds wonderful!

    http://deeskitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam